Saturday, April 16, 2011

Smoked Chedda Nachos

The lovely ensemble: Redhot chips are de-nom-nom Toppings: Vegan crumbles spiced up with 'chili powder, paprika, ground cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper' - I can't possibly tell you the measurements of each, for me it was a magical dash of this and a pinch of that until the scent was delightful and the perfect aroma. I encourage you to develop your nostrilicular compass. Beans - I prefer red beans with the smoky chedda - but you can use any beans you like! Raw vegan kale krips Onions Tomatoes Daiya (optional) Super secret special sauce (don't worry... it won't be a secret for long) Cilantro Super Secret Special Sauce: (see I told you) 3 tbsp 'We Can't Say It's Cheese' Hickory Cheddar dip 3 tbsp Veganaise 3 tsp Braggs Amino's 2 tsp Sriracha - or your amount for the spice you want 2 tsp Chipotle Pepper Powder

Directions: As usual I like to meditate with my food. Sometimes I invite myself to match my emotions with the dish I am preparing.When embarking upon this dish I like to feel spicy and exhuberant! I like to feel cheery and bright with colors! Chop your onion, tomato, avacado, cilantro and set aside Saute the vegan crumbles in your spice mixture with a bit of fire oil if you please for an extra kick - or you can go with evoo....your choice. A nice twist is to use some sesame oil. After your crumbles are quite warm and browned mix in some beans - I like a nice handful of red beans soaked and cooked from scratch, but the easy solution is some from a can. I am rather unfond of canned food... so I highly encourage you to set aside some time and some bulk beans when making nachos. Spread your red hot chips on a baking sheet and top with your bean and crumble mixture, chopped onion, cilantro, raw vegan kale krips and daiya (if you're adding it - but these nachitos don't quite needito it)






Bake in the oven at 350 for ten minutes or until everything looks crispy and heated evenly. While your chips bake - it is time to make - the


*drumroll please*


SUPER SECRET SPECIAL SAUCE


In a bowl combine - veganaise, hickory cheddar dip, braggs, sriracha and chipotle powder. Whip it about until combined. Place mixture in a plastic baggy. Cut one corner off of the baggy so that you can drizzle your sauce neatly over the nachos.... or you can put it in a squeezy bottle with a nozzle so you can drozzle...... but I think that food should be art - so when those steamin nachos come out - you make them real perdy you hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment